Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cake Pop Challenge!

Cake pops have become my creative outlet.  I love the challenge of trying to transform something into a cake pop. So when a group of ten Auburn University college friends who graduated in 1988 were getting together, I took the opportunity to do something out of the ordinary.  I asked for some items that had an inside story which only they would understand.  The list included:
  • thumbs up
  • brain
  • C-Span
  • pelican
  • drinking cup
  • Vail
  • Phi Delta Theta
  • Charlie Sheen









    How'd I do???  They got a kick out of it.


    More on Charlie Sheen who they met and ended up hanging out with while together in Vail on their senior year trip....

    In the middle of preparing for a large charitable event, I had one shot to get this one right.  Here's the Charlie Sheen cake pop pictured with my drawing plan.  It came close to my plan but the eyes ended up more bulging than I had intended.


    So I kept looking at it, thinking it looks like an actor in a Gene Wilder movie.  After a little searching, I found him. He was in Young Frankenstein.   



    That's it!!!  But the guys didn't care, it was close enough to Charlie for them.